Problems Opening QuickBooks
Sometimes things go wrong with QuickBooks – the application, not the company file, at least not in this case. The installation itself can get corrupted, and a big clean up needs to happen. This is especially true when installing new versions. If you’re having a problem opening your company file, and the File Doctor isn’t really helping, try the following steps:
- Look at the Services… If there is more than one DB services manager running, stop and disable all but the newest.
- Read this article by Intuit about reboot.bat and follow the instructions to run it. https://quickbooks.intuit.
- Where is the company file stored? Move it to a Public Directory. If there are no issues with opening the file, there are permission issues for the QQube network user for the original file location.
- Turn off anti-virus temporarily, especially during reinstall.
- Confirm that there are no QuickBooks/Internet Explorer security issues.
- If UAC was turned to lowest settings during QB installation, uninstall and reinstall with Recommended Settings.
Trackback from your site.