If we have determined that your QuickBooks data needs to go through a Verify & Rebuild process, please follow these steps. All of this can and should be done by a technical person on your team. The instructions are as follows:
- Perform a Verify and Rebuild of your QuickBooks Company File(s).
- This should be performed ON THE SERVER MACHINE where the QB file is stored. You will need to be in Single User Mode
- Run a Verify first
- IMPORTANT for versions prior to 2018 – if you see ANY reference to an error with “MasterKey encryption” – STOP EVERYTHING and contact QuickBooks support and ask for Intuit Data Services. Proceeding with a Rebuild will likely make your file so corrupt as to be unrecoverable.
- Here are some helpful guidelines, published by a trusted QuickBooks expert in our network: https://blog.quickbooksusers.com/quickbooks/how-to-rebuild-a-quickbooks-file/
- Perform a “Portable Copy Round Trip”
- After rebuilding enough times to get zero errors, follow these steps to both create and then restore the Portable Copy. (Rename your current file by adding the word “Archive” to the file name so you don’t lose it.) This process reindexes the data, reduces database file fragments, and helps with stability.
- Reload the QQube by going to this screen on the PC where the QQube Server is installed to perform a manual synch and checking the boxes noted here:
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com